Thursday, August 25, 2011

To what extent?

That was when I heard her scream. I lowered my head and swam, swam hard, my arms pumping my legs kicking wildly. But i was still far from the dock. I tried to look as I swam but it was too dark now, the moon offering just faint shafts of light, illuminating nothing. I head a scraping noise, like something being dragged. harder. My lungs burned. ( Coben7)

As I read this excerpt of the book I could feel the pain of Dr. Beck I could hear the screams and visualize the dark night. This passage summarizes the thoughts of Dr. Beck as he swam to save his wife. In addition, these thoughts of Dr. Beck in this passage indicate the fact that Dr. Beck is willing to go to any extent to kill the cause of those screams and ensure his wife's safety. Furthermore, the pain described by Dr. Beck while furiously swimming leads to the fact that often we are willing to put ourselves in pain in order to kill the fear of a loved one and ensure their safety. Every reader can connect with this excerpt from the book rather a wife or a close family member we can go to any extent to save loved ones in danger.

No comments:

Post a Comment