Friday, November 11, 2011

Finally


At the beginning of this semester I was a reader who didn’t enjoy reading or have time to read. My interest towards reading wasn’t the strongest as I thought reading assigned by everyday classes was enough. I preferred not to read unless it was assigned or I absolutely had to read. Over the summers when I had more available time I enjoyed readying anything that was a mystery, it kept me interested and it wasn’t hard to stay focused.
                In elementary school I wasn’t very interested in reading as my mom pushed me to read it was not something I enjoyed doing. When I entered Middle School my mom often tried to emphasize the importance of reading as it would benefit me in my further career. With no hope left and as a last try, my mother introduced me to the Twilight Series in my seventh grade year.  I began reading every day of the summer anywhere on car rides, while on the tree house, and even trying to finish the last chapter after my mom had told me to sleep several times.
                Entering high school I noted the importance of outside reading which emphasized my everyday knowledge and reading speed for academic work. Starting my freshman year I encountered many mystery books that I liked and continued reading.  Sometimes reading can still be a struggle for me or even just making time for reading. Often times when I am not interested in the topic I struggle to focus, consequently I have to read the passage over and over again. Reading has become a strong interest for me and I have learned to find time to read and not use time as an excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment