Friday, September 16, 2011

Currently

Pride and Prejudice: 151 pages

“In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.”

I admired this passage from Pride and Prejudice for various reasons. These sentences express Mr. Darcy's proposal of marrige to Elizabeth Bennet. These lines are significant because they symbolizes the transformation in Mr. Darcy's feelings. In the begging of the book Darcy classified Elizabeth as a women who was not "handsome enough" yet many chapters later Darcy classifies Elizabeth as "handsome enough" and asks for her hand. These lines show how charecters throughout the book learn to remove their Pride and Prejudice and love another for who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment