Thursday, September 1, 2011

Molding of the Mind

I started unblinking at the computer screen. I couldn't move. My senses were past overload. Every part of me was numb. It couldn't be. I knew that. Elizabeth hadn't fallen off a yacht and assumed drowned, her body never found. She hadn't been burned beyond recognition or any of that. Her corpse had been found in a ditch off Route 80. Battered, perhaps, but she had been positively IDed.

As my eyes gazed over the thoughts going through Dr. Beck's mind I had come to a conclusion. In the book Tell No One the author gives the reader messages of Dr. Beck's changes in physiological states. These messages are given through passages such as the one listed above it shows what Dr. Beck is thinking and how his state has changed numerous times from the beginning of the book.
After the loss of Elizabeth Dr. Beck has found it hard to live peacefully and his mind continues to wonder about different situations. Often in the book Dr. Beck's mind takes him back to the night of the incident each time he recalls something new from the night. In addition, as he begins to receive these e-mails from "Elizabeth" his mind begins to go out of control. He feels as if Elizabeth is still alive and he should go find her but he is confused because logically he knows that Elizabeth is dead because they found her body eight years before. As I read through the book I feel as if these details make the book more visual and detailed. The book will carry on to show how these e-mails and police investigations continue to mold Dr.Becks mind as well as thought process. It can take one night, one incident, or one e-mail to effect someone mind and change their life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment